
Rapper Travis Scott reportedly does not believe he should be held responsible for the injuries and deaths that occurred as a result of the Astroworld tragedy, claiming he was not aware of what was happening at the time.
The Antidote rapper has denied a claim made against him in one of hundreds of lawsuits which was issued by a Jessie Garcia.
Scott is said to be issuing a general denial which is a statement in an answer to a lawsuit or claim by a defendant in a lawsuit, in which the defendant denies everything alleged in the complaint without specifically denying any allegation. In others words, Scott will be issuing the same response to all allegations made against him.
A motion was filed some time last week to combine all 275 cases that have been filed thus far into one multi-district litigation, which would consolidate many of the suits due to their almost identical nature.
Scott, who was performing during the crowd surge which resulted in a number of injuries and deaths, was said to be informed of the situation after attending Drake’s Dave and Buster’s afterparty. Reports are that, immediately after hearing the news, the rapper left.
The now infamous Astroworld concert, which took place on November 5, has left hundreds injured and, to date, 10 dead.
Comments